Friday, October 16, 2009

Food Bloggers Connect - First UK Food Bloggers' Conference





We’ve shared recipes, great meals eaten and glimpsed into each other’s lives through our food blogs, we’ve shared photos and revealed personalities on Facebook, we’ve given cooking tips and encouragement on Twitter. Now isn’t it about time that we met?
In this day and age of the internet, we have lost our connectedness. Friendships are made and lost, love affairs carried on across oceans, bonds created though on different continents, fans found and clubs joined, yet how much of this is 140 spaces maximum or quick status updates? Disconnected and discombobulated, we can only carry on so far in the blogosphere.
So let's meet! Some of us have already met but there are still many of us who haven't. Everyone and anyone is invited from long-time bloggers, newbies or even people thinking of starting their own food blog. Food Blogger Connect 2009 is the time to connect: get to know your fellow food bloggers and meet new ones, share tips and ideas, network and organize projects. And have a blast doing it!
Food blogging no longer need be a lonely, individual sport. Forget those days when you feel like it’s going no where, when you wonder if you really belong to that great, funny, passionate family of bloggers out there. Come and connect, be inspired, partake of our favorite food group!
Food Blogger Connect 2009 is the first meet up of its kind (the first official conference being held in the U.K) and is being held in London on November 28, 2009 at Levant from 1 p.m to 5 p.m, serving delicious Lebanese cuisine. Don’t miss it! After all, Food Bloggers share!
Please note:  On October 28th, we will call for your ideas, and we look forward to hearing from you about the topics you'd like covered and who you would love to see cover them. Food Blogger Connect is the first Food Blogging conference to take place in the U.K and we need you to take the lead. We are also looking for people to help spread the word. So, if you are interested in posting about this event on your blog, then please email foodbloggerconnect@gmail.com and we will be happy to send you a flyer with all the pertinent details. You can RSVP @ www.rsvpit.com. The event number is 2009.
 Here's a quick recap:
WHAT: Food Blogger Connect
WHEN: November 28th, 2009,  1 PM to 5 PM
WHERE: Levant Restaurant, London, W1
WHO:Everyone who is or wants to be part of the Food Blogosphere. Food Blogger connect is open to all, and you don't have to be a long-time blogger to attend. This event is open to Non-UK Food Bloggers as well. 
HOW MUCH: £30 for food and 1 glass of wine. This is the only fee and it covers the meal.
WHERE CAN I RSVP: Go to www.rsvpit.com. The event code is 2009.  

We can’t wait to meet you in person!

Bookmark and Share

17 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Gosh I wish I could join you guys! :) But Minnesota to London is quite a jaunt.

LoveFeast Table said...

We wish we could be there but Minnesota to London, and Baltimore to London is a bit of a hop! Have fun!!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Oh my I would love to live there and meet all of you.

Jeanne said...

It's funny to think I met my first fellow-food bloggers nearly four and a half years ago when we had the first-ever real-life gathering of UK food bloggers! http://cooksister.typepad.com/cook_sister/2005/05/london_food_blo.html

Today I count them as friends, not just fellow-bloggers, & I look forward to meeting some of the new faces that have popped up over the years :)

Kitchen Butterfly said...

I will be there...........I am so,so glad I discovered this! I've been whinging about not being able to go over to the States for BlogHer and other Blogging conferences. Wow. Thank you so so much. Want anything from the Netherlands :-)

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Do we pay at the door? I just booked at RSVPIT but....so please let me know. Thanks

Eric Woods said...

comment comment

Stacy said...

ditto Eric again!

Unknown said...

Oh man, you all did eat food! Don't mind me, I'm just entertaining myself while helping Haiti.

Leah Wentzel said...

looks like she missed some

Pat said...

This sounds like a great opportunity to meet in person those you've only known online.

Meg Kat said...

I'm curious how big of a group got together for this. I'm jealous it's so far away from me :)

Dbe said...

What a fun organization.

Kat said...

I might have to do something like this in my area...

Unknown said...

*waves* to Heather, Stacy & Eric - Commenting for #Haiti

Feeling like I'm following you :D)

I KNOW a good time was had by all at this event - cos I'm reading Hilda's blog backwards LOL x

Anonymous said...

comment comment. thanks for the good work.

Ted said...

Aaack! Another comment I missed. $10 more to Haiti.

Related Posts with Thumbnails