Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's done so have some Chocolate Fleur de Sel Macs

Chocolate Macs for a blog redesign
If you've been here before this is a totally new look since the very beginning of this blog. I mean I know at the beginning of the year I said I was going to do all this stuff and then life got in the way, so I changed the header a little bit and changed the widths and everything and that was that for a little while. But since I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to change the blog entirely and make it less about food and a little more about other things like photography and whatever strikes my fancy, it's been bugging me to change it up completely. So this is what I came up with messing around with the code, making some headers with one of my old scanned photographs, and generally tweaking here and there. I hope you like it. If you don't, that's too bad, unless of course it means you want to offer me your coding and graphic design skills for free to make it more the way you'd like it to be.
Tai Chi Main Beach NY
This is also the inaugural post of every post isn't going to be about food anymore, as I said before, sometimes it's just going to be one picture or just a thought or whatever strikes my fancy, or not. Your guess is as good as mine although I'd like to say I think it will be easier for me to post more frequently that way, which will be nice for both me and you. And just for the pleasure of contradicting myself, particularly the part about how this isn't going to be only about food anymore, have some chocolate macarons on me, half of them have fleur de sel on the shells, the other half are plain. They were made from Aran of Cannelle et Vanille's recipe and they are for the previously mentioned Mac-athon organized by Jamie of Life's a Feast. They're not beautiful like Aran's but they sure do taste good. The filling is a chocolate mousse sort of concoction conjured up from the same batch of Swiss meringue and fromage frais mixture that went into the filling for the mango macs. And with that I leave you my friends.
Chocolate Macs for a blog redesign

Bookmark and Share

24 comments:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful. I love the simplicity of it. Oh that I had the time to learn how to fiddle with the design of my blog. And now a confession I have never had a macaroon before. I see them all the time and they are so pretty. How hard are they to make?

Mowielicious said...

Oh how lovely Hilda! Can't wait to see all the new and lovely things you start blogging about apart from food!

Meeta K. Wolff said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! and i do not mean just the blog but your macarons - are lovely and the photos are grand! love you!

Jamie said...

Gorgeous! Lucky I stopped by again before posting the Mac-athon post because these chocolate fleur de sel (wow!) macs are stunning. I love the simplicity of the new blog design and I think your photography is amazingly beautiful and emotional. Hugs to you!

Rambling Tart said...

I'm delighted! And applaud your bravery to reinvent your blog and share a more varied look at the blissful things in your life. :-)

Colloquial Cook said...

Hein? How did I miss that post??! There is nothing in my little flat's pantry that remotely looks like chocolate, and all the shops are closed. Et crap.
Not sure having fleur de sel on its own would be half as satisfying as having it topping a chocolate macaron of your confection. Nigella can drop it right now. You're the goddess.

Hilda said...

WizzyTheStick: Thank you. For the macarons, they're both easy and hard to make. A lot of their success depends on things you can't control like ambient humidity or how well your oven works, and it's also useful to know approximately the right consistencies for the meringue and the batter before piping, but you can usually end up getting them right if you don't get them the first or second time around.

Mowie & Meeta: You're both inspirations, and Meeta you know what I owe you for being able to upload the photographs the way I want them to be. xo

Jamie: Thank you sweetie, you're the leader of the pack! And thank you for the compliment, it's overwhelming. Lots of love to you.

Krista: You made me smile at the thought of delighting you. I hope the varied look is interesting.

Colloquial Cook: Which post? The post about redoing the blog? It's a few posts below in a banana cake post. Oh and you're too nice, you know Nigella is really lovely actually, I saw her explain a recipe to a total stranger who accosted her on the street. Very classy IMHO. I probably wouldn't have been so nice. ;)

Deeba PAB said...

Love the new look blog Hilda, and those gorgeous macs. WOW, you did it again. I like the feel of more pictures...your pictures to be more precise. xoxo

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

they look beautiful hilda!

kellypea said...

Just fabulous. I'm always partial to clean white looks for blogs, so I'm always looking for something new myself! I still haven't made macarons. I keep threatening...; )

veron said...

I love your new look. I recently simplified the colors of my blog too picking an almost all white background. It certainly sets off your fantastic photographs!

Eric Woods said...

mmm chocolate

Elizabeth said...

What a great idea to put fleur-de-sel on macarons!

-Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Again, it's good that I'm only seeing pictures of the food. Besides, your photographs make everything look even more yummy!

Anonymous said...

Are macarons and macaroons the same thing?

Leah Wentzel said...

yummy

Pat said...

Can looking at photos of food make you gain weight?

darci said...

little chocolate hamburgers

Stacy said...

Oh my, those DO look quite good and beautiful!

Dbe said...

I had to go back and reread this one...wasn't sure what kind of cookies those were.

Kat said...

I'll be baking this evening after reading through more posts- these look delicious

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous macs - very envious of your mac-making skills!

Sari @ Cook Your Dream said...

Your macarons are perfect!

Ted said...

Mac attack!

Related Posts with Thumbnails